Provided below is a brilliant piece of management skill that I have learnt through my experiences in the Corporate World.
The following is the formula to “Build a perfect Scapegoat“.
- Identify a very enthusiastic person in the company who has very little knowledge about the subject involved in the job. He/She will never have any idea about what needs being the scope of the job and will thus never be able to define it.
- Assign him/her the job with communication from the Top Management. He/She cannot refuse this responsibility.
- Just tell him/her the result required with no clarifications for the plan. He/She will never be able to prove any right actions & thus claim any glory and he/she will never be able to defend any failures as there will be some ways available to prove it.
- Assign him/her a virtual team, none of whom report to him/her. He/She can never complain that he/she does not have the needed resources when any activity is not done or any activity is delayed.
- Push all associated issues from all other functions for him/her to give resolutions. He/She will never be able to refuse any of these requests as he/she can never prove that it is out-of-scope and he/she can never prove that he/she does not have the resources and he/she can always be told that it meets the higher objectives of the management (as he/she has no idea about the same).
With such a design, the person will work 24*7 in conducting his/her tasks.
If there is no issues with the performance of the job, the management has achieved the objectives. However, the management need not reward the person as they can always claim that it was just a small part of the overall business objectives.
If there are issues with the performance of the job, this was the precise purpose why this person was assigned the job.